Did you know when you let that road-raged filled jerk get the best of you and raise your own blood pressure it’s detrimental to your heart. I’ve got 5 tips for you to brush that sh#t off your shoulder to preserve your own heart and fill your life with happiness simultaneously. I’t’s crazy important to manage your stress levels and incorporate relaxing activities into your day. Creating a healthy life with lots of good exhales will keep those damn stress hormones (can you say Cortisol) from inviting all your fat cells to party on your mid section.
1) Exercise: I’m talkin’ even just a 30 min walk a day is awesome for your heart. If a kick ass boot camp is your thing, go for it. But really all you need to exercise your heart is 30 min of moderate cardio…and yes, gettin down with your honey counts!
2) De-Stress: Whether it’s in the moment or long term, stress is awful for our hearts. The main key here is how you deal with it in the moment, instead of letting stress collect and unfold as a meltdown in the middle of Ralph’s because you can’t reach the cereal on the top shelf.
3) Get Your Ass in Bed: Studies show people who sleep less than 7 hours have a higher level of that damn stress hormone Cortisol which can raise blood pressure and increase weight. We’re also much nicer and happier with a good nights sleep.
4) Brush them chops: If your eyes are the windows to the soul then your mouth is the window to your health! Plus no one’s gonna want to make out with you if your teeth aren’t brushed! Teeth hygiene is directly related to overall health and a decrease in cardiovascular disease.
5) Breathe Deep: Inhale for a count of 5, hold it…yep keep holding it then exhale slowly ridding yourself of old toxic air. Breathing diaphragmatically (when you see your belly rise) connects to your parasympathetic nervous system kicking in the relaxation response and immediately reduces stress levels. An added bonus, you’re burning calories from your fat cells. Breathe on sistah!
If you’re ready to take your health and life to the next level, schedule a “Health Consultation” session with me! One conversation could change your life! I’d love to work with you! Click here!