How many diet books do you have on your bookshelf that haven’t done what they promised? Are you using one now as a coaster for your soda that the book suggested you shouldn’t drink? Did you recently leave your doctor’s office having no clue how to implement the dietary changes she suggested? Do you wake up feeling tired and stressed before the day even starts and chug a coffee with crappy creamer that you know should be substituted but you just don’t know with what?
As a Health Coach I’m here to help you sort through all the nutrition information that’s out there. Translate that doctor’s scribble into a clear program you can understand and follow. Assist you with implementing wellness strategies after a diagnosis or check up. Guide you to healthier ways to deal with stress and overwhelm, since flipping someone off isn’t always acceptable 🙂
Instead of giving you a fish, as the old saying goes, a coach teaches you how to fish for yourself (that is, if you like to eat fish!) A coach is a guide to help you be self-sufficient in your healthy lifestyle choices. My goal for you is to develop strategies that provide real, lasting lifestyle changes and to foster an understanding of behavioral choices that affect overall health.
Aside from reaching specific goals, I focus on educating clients so they can learn to observe the body’s responses to various lifestyle and dietary modifications and choose health-promoting behaviors that work for them on their own terms.
Every program I design is specific to you and your concerns and goals. No two people are alike, and programs are not a one size fits all treatment. I communicate in an open, uncensored fashion, and my goal is to make our time together encouraging, transformative and fun. After all, laughing does create tighter abs!
When you eat well, it changes your thoughts, awareness, mood, brain, blood, even the planet.
As a client of my health coaching program, you will:
- Set and accomplish goals in a way that is empowering and exciting
- Work to achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- Understand and reduce your cravings
- Increase your energy levels
- Feel comfortable and happy in your body
- Improve your personal relationships
- Discover confidence to create the life you want
- Improve your immune system
- Learn about environmental toxins and chemicals hiding in your products
- How foods effect mood, longevity, and beauty
So what do I get?
- Two 60-minute sessions per month
- Email support between sessions
- Recipes that are healthy and simple to prepare
- Coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want
- Simple but informative handouts to increase your nutrition knowledge
- Access to my monthly newsletter with the latest health tips and recipes
- My personal commitment to your health and success
What does this look like?
I’ll make individualized recommendations to help you enact basic, health-supportive modifications and habits, such as:
- Developing strategies to incorporate more physical activity
- Adding in more fresh fruits and vegetables and drinking more water in order to crowd out sugar, processed grains, and caffeinated beverages
- Learning to nurture healthy relationships
- Identifying career aspirations and developing strategies to actualize these goals
- Deepening spiritual practices through meditation, nature, or finding what it is for you, to enhance self-fulfillment
1 hour sessions and 3-Month Program Available