We’ve all heard the phrase you’re full of crap. In my Health Coach world, as long as you’re full of FIBER you won’t ever be full of crap! Plus you’ll be pounds lighter from not holding onto the toxins that build up inside of you.
Benefits of Fiber:
- Stay fuller, longer. Aka less mindless snacking.
- Food digests slower so blood sugar doesn’t spike
- Prebiotic fibers feed healthy gut flora
- Naturally high fiber foods tend to be way healthier
- Reduces cardiovascular disease risk
- Lowers LDL “the bad” cholesterol
Easy Swaps to Increase Fiber Intake
- Whole apple instead of apple juice ( 6 grams)
- Replace white bread, pasta and rice with a whole grain alternative ( 4-8 grams)
- Chili or soup without beans…add those babies in. ( a whopping 8 grams)
- Add to plain oatmeal: Chia, Flax or Hemp Seeds ( 1 TBS= 5 grams)
I’d love to hear your favorite ways to get fiber! Tweet me at @JillAnenberg
If you’re ready to take your health and life to the next level, schedule a “Health Consultation” session with me! One conversation could change your life! I’d love to work with you! Click here!